Our info sheet (November 2006) follows:
TF aims to:
- raise local popular awareness of ‘peak oil’ and related challenges, amongst the community of Falmouth through regular meetings, including films, talks and experienced witnesses; and working toward a local Energy Descent Plan.
- to create mutually supportive partnerships with local individuals, groups and local government.
- to identify organisations, tools and training opportunities to enable locals to “skill up for power down”.
Mission: TF intends to design an Integrated Plan for Falmouth’s Power Down, whilst addressing Environmental, Economic, Social, and Cultural needs.
Activities prior to launch in March 2007:
- Regular meetings (currently twice a month). Brief introduction to TF plus Film/Talk and Discussion.
- Attend Café Scientifique monthly at The Poly.
Community Energy Plus, Falmouth Friends of the Earth, Falmouth Green Centre, Falmouth LETS, Falmouth Town Council, Transition Penwith, Transition Town Totnes, Trevone Permaculture Group.
Transition Falmouth Interest Groups:
(information being collated to be followed by regular meetings).
- Housing and Building.
- Health and Wellbeing.
- Psychology of Change.
- Art, History and Culture
Transition Falmouth, Support Partner and Associated Projects:
- Falmouth FOE:
- FalFOE Local Transport Plan, with ’Reclaim The Streets’ monthly events. Report being presented to Falmouth Infrastructure Group in December.
- FOE Climate Friendly Villages.
- Climate Radio.
- Falmouth Sustainability Centre. Partners: Falmouth Town Council; Falmouth Allotments Association and Falmouth Green Centre.
- Youth Shelters: lead body Falmouth Town Council Local Youth Forum.
- Transition Traders. Produce a ‘Local Living List’ of products and services.
- One off events: No Shopping Day, Power Down Xmas
- Falmouth Community School ‘Eco School Status’.
- Integrated Falmouth: (Strategic planning for Falmouth)
- Comments made on Carrick Core Strategy Plan and Falmouth Town Centre Forum report on the Terence O’Rourke Study.
- Proposed working group: Town Council, Town Forum, Civic Society, local developers
- Co-housing Project.
- Workers Co-operative.
- Sustainable Communities Bill.
- Falmouth Museum.
- Power Down Parties.
- Parish Map.